Run for the Cure
- Shirts: Each team member, when they pay the $40 registration or fundraise $150, receives a beautiful New Balance long-sleeve, performance shirt with the U of T Mississauga logo on it, courtesy of UTM's Advancement Office
- Fundraising Events and Initiatives
Each year more than 3,000 runners and walkers participate in the Mississauga CIBC Run for the Cure on our green campus – and this year promises to be an exciting, powerful and memorable experience for everyone who participates on Sunday, October 2, 2016.
The event is a 1k or 5k run and/or walk. You don’t have to decide your distance or whether you will be walking, running or a combination of the two until the day of the event.
- Training will start on Wednesday, Sept. 9, and will run three times per week until Oct. 2;
- The training schedule will be Mondays at 5:15 pm, Wednesdays at 12:15 pm and Fridays at 12:15 pm;
- We will follow a learn-to-run schedule for those who are new to running or have never done a 5K;
- This will operating as a drop-in group, and we are not asking for people to RSVP or register;
- The group will meet in the lobby by the RAWC and will go outside for the run, weather permitting, or up at track level if it’s raining; the control-desk staff will be notified ahead of time in case some participants aren’t RAWC members, but they will be let into the facilities.
We also need volunteers! You can make a difference, too! With your support, the Foundation will continue to fund vital research and community health grants that have led progress in breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care.
Our goal this year is to have an increased presence of UTM staff, faculty and students on the team, and to make this a fun family event with kids, parents, spouses, and friends participating.
UTM Run for the Cure co-chairs Ryan Cerrudo and Carla DeMarco