To engage students in the career development process throughout their time at UTM and two years after graduation
As career educators, the UTM Career Centre helps students and recent graduates to:
- Make career & academic plans, based on self-knowledge & career information
- Identify & seek relevant experience and relevant network connections during & after UTM
- Learn the process of lifelong career management
By participating in Career Centre activities, students and recent graduates are able to:
- Act more purposefully and independently in pursuing their own career development
- Develop skills to establish, advance and manage their careers e.g. self-presentation in person (networking, fairs, interviews) and in print/electronically (resume, cover letter, emails), relevant experience
This mission is accomplished by collaborating with our partners in career education; our partners are internal to the UTM campus and UT (at UTM, at SG & UTSC) and external to the University (e.g. employers, alumni, parents, industry reps, professionals).
We also have a proven commitment to providing equitable service to our diverse student population. Get more information on resources for LGBTQ here. Get more information on resources for students with disabilities here.