Get Experience Fair
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
At the fair, you'll be able to learn about ways to gain experience through:
- Volunteer programs and Internships
- On-campus and Work-Study jobs
- Research Experience
- International options
NOTE: Valid T-Card required for entry. Only U of T students and recent graduates (within two years of graduation) are invited to attend.
Did you know: 82% of employers value volunteer work just as much as paid work?
The Get Experience Fair is your chance to connect in-person with organizations at which you can gain new skills and experience to add to your resume.
Have some experience but not the right kind?
Have no experience?
Not sure what you need?
Need more of the right skills?
Then look for people wearing this at the fair:
How should you prepare?
Print out the GEF Preparation Checklist and check off each session you attend leading up to the Fair.
- Consider how gaining experience NOW will help you meet your career goals
- Make a list of skills you think you need to gain to get the job you want
- Read up on the organizations attending and decide which ones might be able to help you.
- At the fair, employers will have signposts on their tables of the most useful skills you can gain by participating with them. Check them out!
List of 2016 participants
- AbleLiving Services- Thrive Group
- AccessAbility Resource Centre
- AccessAbility Resource Centre (UTM)
- AIESEC Toronto
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel
- Caledon\Dufferin Victim Services
- Camp Oochigeas
- Chartwells / Compass Group
- Community Environmental Alliance
- Community Living North Halton / Oakville / Burlington and the Bob Rumball Association for the Deaf
- Community on Campus
- Credit Valley Conservation
- Cultural Explorers Digging to China Inc.
- Erindale College Special Response Team
- Experiential Education Office
- Eye Level of Oakville
- Girl Guides of Canada
- Habitat for Humanity GTA
- ICUBE UTM
- International Education Centre
- Li Koon Chun Finance Learning Centre
- March of Dimes Canada
- Mary Kay
- Newcomer Centre of Peel
- Pathways To Education
- Peel Regional Police Auxiliary
- Region of Peel, Volunteer Resources
- RIC Centre
- Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre
- Safe City Mississauga
- SHIP (Supportive Housing In Peel
- Special Olympics Ontario
- Special Olympics Ontario
- The Centre for Student Engagement
- The Official Languages programs (Explore and Odyssey)
- The Riverwood Conservancy
- Trillium Health Partners
- Tutor Doctor
- UTM Environmental Affairs Office
- UTM Experiential Education Office
- UTM Health & Counselling Centre
- UTM International Education Centre
- UTM Run for the Cure
- Verge Magazine
- Visions of Science Network for Learning
- Volunteer MBC
- Woodsworth College, U of T
- Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care